Business Attraction and Relocation Program
Montgomery County Department of Economic Development
Thank you for your interest in relocating your business to Montgomery County-Blacksburg-Christiansburg. The Montgomery County Department of Economic Development (MCDED) stands ready to assist you by offering comprehensive site selection and relocation services.
MCDED professionals pride themselves on ensuring that each company relocation to Montgomery County is a seamless as possible. Since 2000, MCDED has helped more than 15 companies successfully transition to our community.
MCDED services often provided to companies interested in relocating to Montgomery County-Blacksburg-Christiansburg include:
- Identify suitable sites & buildings that meet their requirements
- Provide detailed community information and statistics
- Schedule and conduct tours of Montgomery County, Blacksburg and Christiansburg
- Identify state and local incentives applicable to the relocation
- Ensure that all applicable business support programs are leveraged
- Establish contacts with local and state government agencies that issue permits, and obtain answers to questions that arise
- Help navigate Montgomery County, Blacksburg or Christiansburg commercial zoning, taxes and other government processes
- Coordinate workforce development programs to assist with the hiring and training of new employees
- Placing companies in contact with local utility providers or commercial lenders
MCDED continues to support companies even after a successful relocation project through its Business Retention & Expansion Program.
To lean more about how the Montgomery County Economic Development Department can help your business, Contact Us Today.
Questions? Contact us,
MCDED is here to help.
Montgomery County businesses can leverage a wide variety of programs that support their efforts to sustain and grow their business.
For more information, contact:
Montgomery County, VA
Economic Development Dept.
Call: (540) 382-5732