The Business One Stop tool will ask a few simple questions about your business, then produce a customized list of the licenses, permits and registrations you need plus suggest resources that can help. To begin, just click on the icon above.
If you have questions before, during, or after the Business One Stop process, contact:
The Virginia Business Assistance Center
Toll Free: 1-866-248-8814
Raford University Small Business Development Center
The RU Small Business Development Center offers a number of services for new as well as existing businesses, including:
|Business planning assistance
|Loan packaging assistance
|Sources of business financing
|Census, economic and business data
|Small business training workshops
For more information, visit http://bac.asp.radford.edu/SBDC/ orcontact:
Mr. David Shanks, Director
704 Fairfax St. Suite H
Radford, VA. 24142
Virginia Tech Business Technology Center
The Virginia Tech Business Technology Center (BTC) helps emerging and evolving technology-based businesses assess and quantify their business opportunities. It is a resource available to entrepreneurs and businesses throughout Virginia; and is part of Virginia Tech’s statewide economic development support activities. All work done by the BTC is kept confidential to the client.
The BTC is focused on providing entrepreneurs and small businesses an understanding of and a base for quantifying their business opportunities. It will provide an initial review of a business concept at no cost to the client; and can perform an initial intellectual property assessment at minimal cost.
Typical in-depth BTC projects support the assessment of a business opportunity by providing:
- Market Research:the data needed to make an intelligent decision
- Market Opportunity Assessment: determine if there is an audience big enough and willing to pay enough to support a profitable business
- Competitive Analysis: know who else is trying to meet the same customer need
- Market Strategy Development: what is the most affordable and least combative way to enter the market
- Business Plan Development: determine the near-term plan for the business
- Finacial Modeling & Pro-Forma Development: estimate of the finances needed to get to a profitable business base
For more information, visit www.btc.pamplin.vt.edu/ or contact
Dr. Richard Daugherty
2000 Kraft Dr, Suite 2005
Blacksburg, VA. 24060
VT KnowledgeWorks is a regional business acceleration center serving technology-based enterprises at all stages of the corporate lifecycle. With conference and incubation facilities located in the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center, VTKnowledgeWorks encourages and supports entrepreneurs, executives, and investors as they plan, launch and grow companies to financial independence.
Programs for Members are divided into two categories according to the evolutionary status of the member company: Pre-Launch and Enterprise.
- Pre-Launch category – addresses start-up or re-start issues because success or failure of a venture is quite often determined by decisions and assumptions made well before the business is formally launched.
- Enterprise category – designed for operating companies and seasoned business leaders to share vision, experience, and insight.
For more information about membership and services, visit www.vtknowledgeworks.com or contact:
Jim Flowers, Director
2200 Kraft Drive, Suite 1000
Blacksburg, Virginia 24060
Questions? Contact us,
MCDED is here to help.
Montgomery County businesses can leverage a wide variety of programs that support their efforts to sustain and grow their business.
For more information, contact:
Montgomery County, VA
Economic Development Dept.
Call: (540) 382-5732