Business Retention & Expansion
Montgomery County Department of Economic Development
Thank you for choosing Montgomery County-Blacksburg-Christiansburg as your business location. The Montgomery County Department of Economic Development (MCDED) appreciates your investment in our community and recognizes the importance of retaining your firm as an employer.
The Business Retention & Expansion Program was created as a way of establishing good relationships and communication with companies in our community. Economic Development Staff arrange Business Retention visits with Montgomery County-Blacksburg-Christiansburg companies that are:
- expanding in the community,
- new to the area,
- experiencing challenging issues that affect the success of the business, or
- at the request of the business owner or manager.
These visits provide companies with a local contact that can help them address their issues or needs. After the Business Retention Visit, Economic Development Staff will provide follow up to any issues or questions that arise during the meeting. Economic Development Staff will remain in contact with the business as appropriate, providing assistance when needed.
MCDED assists Montgomery County-Blacksburg-Christiansburg based companies, by:
- Helping them identify suiteable sites and/or buildings in Montgomery County, Blacksburg and Christiansburg.
- Assist them navigate Montgomery County, Blacksburg or Christiansburg commercial zoning, taxes and other government processes.
- Establishing contacts with local and state government agencies that issue permits, and obtain answers to questions that arise.
- Helping them identify, understand and leverage a wide variety of programs at their disposal (i.e. Business Counceling, Financial Resources, International Trade, Technology Transfer and Workfore).
- Placing companies in contact with local utility providers or commercial lenders
- Helping companies facilitate mutually beneficial, collaborative partnerships with other area businesses.
How Can We Assist You?
For more information about MCDED's Existing Business Program or to schedule a business retention visit, contact:
Brenda Rigney, Project Manger
Montgomery County, VA
Department of Economic Development
755 Roanoke St, Suite 2H
Christiansburg, VA. 24073
Questions? Contact us,
MCDED is here to help.
Montgomery County businesses can leverage a wide variety of programs that support their efforts to sustain and grow their business.
For more information, contact:
Montgomery County, VA
Economic Development Dept.
Call: (540) 382-5732