Retail & Restaurants
Christiansburg Retail District
The Christiansburg Retail District is the major shopping hub of the New River Valley. The district has direct access to VA Route 460, Exit 4, via Peppers Ferry Road and is within five miles of downtown Blacksburg. Some of the most notable shopping centers in the district include:
- New River Valley Mall - The anchor of the Christiansburg Retail District with over 70 shops and restaurants. Major retailers include Kohl's, Dick's Sporting Goods, American Eagle Outfitters, Victoria's Secret, Bath & Body Works, and Belk. To see all NRV mall retailers, visit www.shopnewrivervalleymall.com.
- New River Valley Center - Is located adjacent to the New River Valley Mall with several national retailers, including: Best Buy, Old Navy, Ross Dress For Less, Pet Smart, and Bed Bath & Beyond.
- Spradlin Farms - Home to several national retailers, including: Target, Home Depot, Barnes & Noble, Michaels Arts & Crafts Store, PetCo, and TJ Maxx.
- Market Place Plaza - Current retailers include Office Depot and Jo-Ann Fabrics & Crafts.
- Wal-Mart Supercenter - Located on N. Franklin Street.
Blacksburg Retail Districts:
Blacksburg provides a unique mix of local and national retail offerings with over 200 boutiques and trendy restaurants.
- Downtown Blacksburg - Is one of Virginia’s most vibrant and appealing downtowns with over 33,000 potential customers within two miles. Long-term downtown businesses include Women’s Apparel, Art and Architecture Supply, Fine and Custom Jewelry and Diverse Ethnic, American and Vegetarian Cuisine.
- First & Main - Offers an assortment of national, regional and local retailers, including: Ann Taylor Loft, Blue Ridge Mountain Sports, JoS. A. Bank, Talbots, On A Whim Gifts & Accessories. To see a listing of all First & Main tenants, visit www.firstandmainblacksburg.com
Montgomery County provides a unique mix of local and national restaurant offerings.
For more information on the restaurants located in Montgomery County, click here.
Map & Directions
View a map of the major shoping centers and areas mention above. View Map & Get Directions
Contact the Economic Development Department
755 Roanoke St., Suite 2H
Christiansburg, VA. 24073
(540) 382-5732 - Local
(866) 270-9185 - Toll Free
8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Monday - Friday
2017 Annual Report